Saturday, July 27, 2013

Of Ranklings and Rendezvous





Tonight the night won’t yield to me
The outline of fence-post or tree
Tonight the dark is dark as ink
And all that I can do is think…

The rendezvous of page and pen
Can torment even stronger men
I reach but cannot touch the brink
To spell these wordless thoughts I think

The rankling of the mind and heart
Are ever near, yet far apart
Can Prudence coalesce with She
Who dares to dream in poetry?

Silence seduces sorrow’s sigh?
Tonight the earth is full of sky
Longing could fill its void of naught
But for your whisper in my thought

You are here and I am there
Together in the dark night air
Nay, I am here; are you with She
Who rends the night with poetry?

© Janet Martin

3 comments:

  1. Can Prudence coalesce with She
    Who dares to dream in poetry?

    Nay, I am here; are you with She
    Who rends the night with poetry?

    Whoaaa! So so good! Me like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you like because he who dreams in poetry has similar rendezvous and rankling??;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!