Monday, July 15, 2013

Half-moon Heaven





Half-moon wafts
Where the half-sun drips
A pink haze fading on footprints of Time
Dusk-song is soft
As it silently slips
Over the edge of its ethereal clime

Dew-dirge descends
With cooling caress
Where zephyr-song surges and heat waves recede
This new day ends
Just like all the rest
A medley of moments we cannot retrieve

Twilight to midnight
Is mid-summer heaven
Sultry surrender of harsh noon-day noise
Beneath half-moon light
We lay down our burdens
Touching the shimmer of summer-night joys

© Janet Martin

I kept looking back to watch the sun slip out of sight, as I returned from a bike ride in the gentler cool of the evening. It was HOT today. Tonight is tranquil.

(I wanted to write 'where cricket-song surges, but the crickets have not begun their prelude to Autumn...and that's okay!;)



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Janet! The beauty of the moon never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, Me too! Isn't that the way it is with creation? Its wonder never ceases!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!