Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I'm Sorry, Dear Sir



Poetic Aside Prompt: An Apology or Un-apology.


I’m sorry, dearest sir
but you seem quite unaware
of the dangerous stir
in the atmosphere
and you seem oblivious
to my sudden attraction
Kind sir, may I offer
an explanation?

My dear sir, I’m sorry
but it is not your hair
though it is quite attractive, I agree
and the thing that is causing my open-mouth stare
is not your fine physicality
Your eyes are a striking and breath-taking blue
and I'll admit your face is quite handsome too
Your jeans, I am sure are a quality brand
but today I am drawn to that thing in your hand
and the scent that startled me as you strode by
rousing a wild, dangerous insanity
so unless you care to finish what you have begun
I suggest you hang on to your coffee and run!

Janet

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you there. I am drinking a 'cuppa' as I read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! Betcha didn't have to tackle anyone for it though...

    This is an edited re-post, but this morning I was out early and a very lovely gentleman gave me a very lovely smile as I passed while he was getting into his very lovely truck, but I noticed his very, very lovely coffee in his hand!:):)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!