Monday, April 9, 2012

Shadow Poem-lets

I am content
In the shadow of your love
For your thought in mine
Fits like a glove

***

A shadow may lead
Or follow behind
But it never strays from
The discourse of the mind

***

A shadow sprawled towards the west
Means dawn is crawling from its nest
A shadow lengthened to the east
Means soon another day has ceased

***

A shadow is merely an echo
Of hard matter existence
When your shadow touches mine
I offer no resistance

***

Today the north wind
Jeers and laughs
Tussling tree-shadows
On the grass

***

You and I
Make beautiful shadows
Together

J~

Poetics Aside Prompt: Shadows

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Janet! Especially the last stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the variance in all of these and ending on the sweet unity of the latest one. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!