Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Gleaming or Looming

The day looms before us
We know not its sands
Its mystery unfolded
From Heavenly hands

Shall we approach it
With trembling and fear
Or with the assurance
That our God is near?

The day gleams before us
What comfort to know
That God watches o’er us
Wherever we go

© Janet Martin

The unknown has the potential to fill us with fear...
...or hope. Which will it be for us today?
Does the unknown loom or gleam?

  So do not fear, for I am with you;
   do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isa. 41:10

2 comments:

  1. This poem is a perfect poem for the morning because is speaks of approaching the day with no fear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet this is a new favorite for me of yours....what a thought provoking poem.....full of the message of hope! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your pause on this porch and thank-you for your visit!