Friday, April 6, 2012

Hidden Facts~



Hidden by bricks
And shingles and stone
A glimpse of Heaven exists
We call it home

***

Beneath flesh and blood and bone
Is a work of priceless art
Where I keep my precious memories
In the gallery of my heart

***

Beneath the woman
And her pensive gaze
Is the girl and the passion
Of yester’s days

***

It flows forever
Mile upon mile
An ethereal river
Of love, in my smile

***

Hidden in whispers
And words unstrung
Are infinite glimmers
Of poems unsung

***

Beneath life’s heartache
Is a higher hand
Holding the reasons
We do not understand

***

Below the struggles and stumbles
Behind the tear in our eyes
Beneath life’s little troubles
Are the moments that make us wise

***

All you could see
as you walked away
Was the distance
keeping us apart
If you had looked twice
you would have noticed
In your hands you held
My heart

***

Hidden beneath our choices
And the action following thence
Is a single, sure-fire guarantee
Simply called consequence

***

Beneath downy pink and blue blankets
and tiny booties and diapers
and purest innocence 
and laughter
and sorrow
is this...
...hope for tomorrow
 

Janet~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!