Friday, April 13, 2012

Something about The Quiet



Something about the quiet
As tomorrow becomes today
Aches in the touch
Of thought and such
As moments slip away

…and in its ephemeral being
The warmth of you lingers near
As somewhere in my mind
Joy and sorrow align
In nothing but the hint of a tear

Something about the quiet
Of dark pouring to emptiness
Stirs in my thought
Things better forgot
But taunt now in sudden caress

…as today slips into history
And present disappears round its bend
I feel the embrace
Of a tear I can’t trace
The quiet tonight is my friend

© Janet Martin

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I feel the aching in this yet but also the balance of joy still found in this tender place. This is so beautiful, Janet. Hearts to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!