Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thursday Thoughts on Hope





When life’s load becomes
Too heavy to bear
Fold it between
Your fingers
In prayer

***

Today is only twenty-four hours
Then it is gone forever
Hope is an ageless, Timeless God
That no tick-tock can sever

***

Of the shadow of death
There is One who goes before me
God of heaven and earth
His rod and staff, they comfort me
No evil will I fear
For no matter where life leads
I know that He is near

***

To hope in gods of stone
For God is Hope alone
We cannot see His face and yet
We sense Him, oh, so near
For God is Hope; hope is not dead
Until Time disappears
For as this life grows dim
All who have trusted in the Lord

***

Hope for all humanity
Never can a storm or gale
Crush love’s Hope that cannot fail

***

Hope is restored therein
For God beholds each hurt we bear
And as we cry to Him
He sends His whisper; we release
Our longing in His arms of peace

***

Just as I am; God You love me
Forgiven, justified
Just as I am; how I love Thee
Hope born as Your Son died

***

How He longs to befriend all
Hope is found in His forgiveness
And lost if we scorn His call

***

Man of sorrows, what a Name
Hope of sinners bore our blame
Dare we yet choose our guilt
In place of Love’s offering spilt?

***

Our hope for years to come
There is no other name on earth
That draws the sinner Home

***

ABC’s of Hope Is…

Abiding
Blood-bought
Calvary
Divine
Eternal
Faithful
God
Heaven
Invisible
Jesus
Knowing
Life
Might
Nurturing
Omnipotent
Peace
Quiet
Redemption
Security/Salvation
Trusting
Undefeatable
Victory
Worship
X-cellent
Yahweh
Zeal

***

Without hope…we die

***

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isa. 40:31




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!