Sunday, April 1, 2012

Comunicating to Self


Hey you
Yes, you
there in the mirror
STOP, taking yourself
so seriously
and just
live for the love of it.
Does the sun grumble
because it is too hot
or the sky long for substance
that it is not
Or does the dandelion covet
a shade other than gold
Or, does the oak tree sigh
because it is gnarled and old
I think not!
But they live fully
in their own skin
and never beyond
the moment they’re in

© Janet Martin

Poetics Aside PAD Challenge; Communicating

5 comments:

  1. I loved this one because it was directed at the reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we definitely do have things we can learn from nature! Well penned, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love this. I could use it written large on my wall. Be in the moment and be there fully. Have a great NaPoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! So true. I was happy to see 'live for the love of it'! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you all so much! Yes Sasha, sometimes I need to remind myself of that;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!