Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thursday Thoughts on Things Unknown



So many things uncertain, unknown
But one thing we know;
‘There’s no place like home’.

(Just had an e-mail letting us know Dad came home tonight. He was picked up this morning, came through an awful storm to find the roads closed to their home so they(mom and dad) went to my brother’s house until this evening. As he was leaving the hospital a nurse smiled at Dad and said he has the ‘breaking free’ smile. I’m sure tonight home is even sweeter though he rested well at Dave and Karen’s house.)

***

If we dwell on thunder-clouds that might unfold
We miss every joy-drop of mercy we hold

***

We cannot see beyond the moment slipping through our touch
Treasure, taste and reverence it, then leave the rest to God

***

Yesterday is over
Tomorrow; a maybe
Today is almost
A memory

***

Fear is a mountain
Dread is a stone
Faith is our foothold
Into its Unknown

***

Disappointment is always a present-past thing
Unknown is the hope to which we cling

***

We all are students
In the school of life
We didn’t know yesterday
What we do tonight

***

If I knew all I wished I knew
Of things Unknown and hidden
Then I know that what I know
I’d likely wish I didn’t

***

It is better to work with what we know
Than worry about what we don’t
Some things in time their proof will show
And some…I hope they won’t

***

If all that was left is what we know
Anticipation would lose its glow

***

How far the Unknown goes, who knows?
But this we know for sure
One life, one death, then the God we chose
Our soul-place will secure

© Janet Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!