Monday, January 6, 2014

It's All About the Cross ABC's





Love’s
Aching
Braving
Craving, coping
Dying,
Endless
Faith,
Grief,
Hoping
Inspiration.
Joy,
Keen
Loss
Oh, it’s all about The Cross

Love’s
Misery
Nobility,
Obligation
Passion
Quickening
Relinquishing,
Sacrifice,
Temptation
Unity
Victory
Worship,
X-altation
Yearning,
Zealous
And beyond all human explanation
This wayfaring and warring flight
Is not a dance of dross
For as we weep and pray and fight
It’s all about the cross

© Janet Martin

Skiing gives a person a lot of time to think...life and love can be heavy and grueling at times; then I looked up through the blowing snow and gathering dusk to where God planted His promise BAM! in front of me.literally...I stopped short and laughed out loud!


And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23


Phil 2:8 (NIV) And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death--even death on a cross!

2 comments:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!