Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Collaboration of Contrast...edited rendition





Truth does not change
Season follows season
Night fills the hollow where dawn rends its blue
I cannot rearrange
Love’s restless reason
Longing still follows the having of you

The more that I love you
The deeper I hunger
The deeper I hunger the fuller I love
Perplexing paradox
Pushing me onward
Searching for something I know nothing of

Out on the skyline
Poplar and pine shiver
Here in the blackness of white winter night
Symmetrical contrasts
Collaborate, quiver
Tender-sweet torment and bitter delight

© Janet Martin


2 comments:

  1. Flows very well.

    I like the "Searching for something I know nothing of" it's a "Tender-sweet torment and bitter delight".

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!