Friday, May 10, 2013

Here in the Morning...





Here in this morning’s quiet hour
Where rain consoles the budded limb
And sings across spring’s verdant bower
I lift my song in praise to Him

Here in the morning’s hallowed hush
Before the daybreak takes command
And duty hands to me its brush
I reach to touch the Master’s hand

Here in the morning’s muted mist
I cannot see what will unfold
Before this little day is kissed
And tucked into Time’s ether hold

Here in the morning’s silver-blue
Where pitter-patter anthems weep
I breathe a tender prayer for you
And pray the Lord your way to keep

© Janet Martin

...often I pray the Lord to bless those who pause on this porch today. J~

4 comments:

  1. Aha!!1 a lovely day to start and what could be better than a morning prayer....loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Janet, in imagery and sentiment! And I am always so in awe of the scenery you show us in your photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you so much Jennifer! It is so pretty and green here right now, but there is actually a chance of snow in the forecast;( Hopefully not enough to take a picture:0 I appreciate your thoughts.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    This mother is so tired right now, I think I'll call hubby and then turn in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!