Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday Thoughts




Just as muscles
Scream and groan
As they are strengthened
So it is with
Faith

***

For this could be the day of our Lord’s returning

***

In dungeons of failure
I dare not dwell
For here is the hideout
For demons of hell

***

Learn from mistakes
Then forgive and forget
‘Tis mental suicide
To live in regret

***

‘Tis hard to judge with human eyes

***
Verily, we all will receive our just reward

***

Lift up your drooping gaze, my love
and wipe away your tears
On yonder brink of breaking day
an unmarred page appears

***

When we sink to our knees, boast-broken and weak
At last we are ready to hear the Lord speak

***

Pragmatic, compliant, flippant, pious, proud
Someday every knee and head will be bowed
We would do well to take earnest heed
to That Destiny where life's highway will lead

***

A cup of coffee in my hand
makes every mundane moment grand

***

To a poet
or a heart in love
there are no
mundane moments

***

...and they ask me what am I doing today
I smile a little and casually say,
'I'm dusting and scrubbing and doing laundry.
...how does one reply, er, um, poetry?'

***

(Jim's mom just called and asked what I'm up to;) She called to tell me his uncle passed away.)

...now he has laid life's burden down
No tear will dim his eye, no night
His cross exchanged for heaven's crown
As faith becomes eternal sight

On that note...have a wonderful Thursday and KEEP WARM! (I'm off to dust and scrub and, er...do laundry;)

Janet~








2 comments:

  1. "mental suicide to live in regret" wow, so true.

    Love that coffee one!

    Sorry to hear of your loss too...Heaven's gain, as you say so faithfully.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!