Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thursday Thoughts~



Tender shepherd, how you love us
Oh, what comfort fills our cries
Than ten-thousand, in your eyes

***

Now I lay me down to sleep
And place within your care
Those things I tender to your keep
On wings of wafted prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep
For true love has no fear
What sweet assurance, Lord, to know

***

Time, what weaves your season-strings?
Where is your vast, vaporous Sea?
You fly on tireless, transient wings
Toward That Thing…
Eternity

***

Mortality; the dust and sod
To Immortality
And God

***

Truth is not altered
Though Deception tries
To twist it and change it
Through golden-lipped lies

***

Oh, wondrous quality of truth
No matter how Time’s change
You are steadfast; Hope’s solid Rock

***

All the days of my life
Unless I take my eyes off  Thee
Fixated on fear’s strife

***

We, wayfaring fellowmen
Of common toil and test
Should seek to help each other then
To do our very best
..for we,
Wayfaring fellow-friends
Are bound for the same shore
This trial-and-error road soon ends
In God’s forevermore

***

We ought to do all that we can
Today; tomorrow’s gate
Can offer us no guarantee
If we decide to wait

So we should call upon the Lord
Before it is too late
How sad to forfeit Hope’s reward
Because we chose to wait

***

Sweat, prayer and toiling
As tears drench the dirt
...all things worth having
Must suffer this hurt

***
Love…takes a deep breath
And then bites its tongue
Trying to remember
…once she too, was young

***

Vexatious flow
Of high and low
As by the grace
Of God
We go…

Have a blessed Thankful Thursday!

© Janet Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!