Friday, January 10, 2014

Mother's Midnight Musing...





My mind is somewhere else tonight
Complacency and thirst compete
As wanderlust leaps past this white
Of winter-night to you, my sweet

Upstairs my precious babies sleep
But one; and though fain I rebel
The tides of Time and youth are deep
And dreams tug deeper than farewell

Thought is an eager stead; the air
Is kinder than earth’s froth of snow
And almost I can feel you where
We used to dance too long ago

My mind is somewhere else tonight
Miles fold away beneath its feet
As longing sweeps the shores of white
Until I am with you, my sweet

© Janet Martin

1 comment:

  1. Love the line, "thought is an eager steed."

    It's true! Especially late at night…

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!