Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Ink's Fondest Luxury





Ah, Poetry, it seems to me
Must be ink’s fondest luxury
Scattered fragments of a heart
Picture-frames of nature’s art
Agony and ecstasy
Bleeding into poetry

Dances of despair, desire
Rushing reels of ice and fire
Love and longing synchronize
Hope and heartache fill its skies
Where ink’s fondest luxury
Fills night-sighs with poetry

Centuries of testament
Spill in laughter and lament
Battle-ground of pain and peace
Luxury of ink-release
Mantra of a memory
Fondly framed in poetry

© Janet Martin


 The log I put on the fire at midnight didn't burn very well. Due to our COLD temps the stove-pipes got too cold creating a downdraught and at 3:00 a.m. we were woken to shrieking smoke alarms and a house plugged with smoke.kinda terrifying! I chucked the smoking log out into a snow-drift.  It took a few hours to figure out how to thaw windows open, clear smoke, reverse the draft. and get a fire burning again.online article a tremendous help (hairdryer up the chimney flue)

Now, coffee black and...poetry:) 
Matt is in school today but the buses to the elementary schools are not running so Victoria can make up for the sleep she missed during the night.


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that's scary...glad you're okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank-you. NOT FUN!!!but at least it was just smoke. A house-fire would be one of the most traumatic things I can imagine! now I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of the smell! it makes one feel a little ill...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe it; and it's too cold for windows open...well we're home and I'm trying to think of something creative to do.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of suggestions on-line to remedy smoke-smell as well:) there are suggestions for EVERYTHING! snow-days too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am glad you and family are ok. I'll bet the coffee and poetry helped. :) Your poem cheered me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you TUG. A much more 'normal night' last night.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!