Monday, May 13, 2013

Offerings~




 
 (I don't recall ever seeing this spill in these amounts in middle-May!)

Oh, this little cup of moments
See it from the skyline tip
To spill its offering of grace
Inviting us to freely sip

Gone beneath the sea of hours
Gleam the drops we can’t erase
Now a stream of renewed mercy
Bathes the spires with His grace

We have nothing in our keeping
But what Grace has kindly lent
From a little cup of moments
We receive what He has sent

Then let our life’s utter boasting
Be the praise we offer up
Not to self but always ever
Back to He who holds the cup

© Janet Martin

 "Come now, let us settle the matter," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isa. 1:18

2 comments:

  1. Janet....though I cannot quote scripture, your quotes and poetry move me often to tears. Grace is something missing from today's world...hoping it will find its way back in....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ND, your words now move me to tears...thank-you. I agree, without grace all of this is a lost cause. I too pray that each of us can be a little offering of grace to others.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!