Tuesday, April 23, 2013

This Could Be the Day






This could be the day
We cannot fully know
Who will remain to witness
Twilight’s tranquil binding glow
Or who will pass its gleam
Into forevermore
Where none can see the mystery
Beyond time’s transient door

This could be the day
There are no guarantees
No ranks or hierarchies immune
To this life’s tragedies
And no one can foretell
The unknowns that abide
Or be without uncertain doubt
When life and death divide

See how the morning sun
Spills kindly to the grass
Blushing in whispers on the brink
Of what will come to pass
This gift is from God’s hand
So live, laugh, love and pray
Someday death’s claim will call our name
And this could be the day

© Janet Martin

 For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation. 2 Cor. 6:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!