Wednesday, April 17, 2013

More...



(this is my favorite commercial on TV right now...) It got me to thinking...

If this is all that there would be
The sun melting against the sea
In ruby-rendered rhapsody
How futile were its glory
And if the mountains coral-kissed
Or dell swathed in soft silver mist
Were preludes to death’s vast abyss
How vain would be love’s story

If pleasantries and ecstasies
Of babies bouncing on our knees
Or midnight moonlight melodies
Would be life’s utmost splendor
And if the loved ones we embrace
And all their memories we trace
Would be the pinnacle of grace
How trite its touch so tender

If all the best life could suggest
Would fill time’s scope from east to west
To satisfy the heart’s request
Yet holds no consolation
To comfort us in parting’s pain
Before that final mystic main
That we must cross as pulses wane
How crass this brief elation

The crux of hope and joy and love
Is not a mortal dust-shaped glove
Slipped over souls; nay, One above
Has sealed beyond earth’s garden
Of whispers where sun meets the sea
In golden-ruby rhapsody
More than this glimpse of what will be
If we have claimed His pardon

© Janet Martin

 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!