Friday, April 19, 2013

Mighty Fire



April PAD Challenge: For today’s prompt, write a burn poem. I actually wrote a poem titled “burn” earlier in this month’s challenge, so I’m going to have to think a little on this to avoid repeating what I’ve already written. However, burn can represent many things–from getting burned by a bad deal (or a friend) to feeling the burn when working out to physically burning from fires.

They burn with mocking ruthlessness
Somewhere inside my head
Those hasty words of selfishness
I never should have said

What mighty fire the the tongue ignites
How long the sad regret
Of brief and thoughtless moment-spite
I now cannot forget
  
Janet~

The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one's life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. James 3:6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!