Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Love's Masterpiece



 The snowflakes glittered like golden grace-gems in the rising sun...

From ether-fount of hope
His faithful mercy streams
As out beyond the eastern slope
A new day gently gleams

The shroud of night’s release
Is tendered to its tomb
Look up; behold Love’s masterpiece
Gilding earth’s living-room

No, our God is not dead
His love prolongs His grace
Compassion gently weaves its thread
To earth from outer space

Take courage, brother, friend
Beneath our erring touch
Oh, see His kind goodness extend
From heaven’s aureate brush

...and from hope's astral door
Night's shadow is impaled
As sacred salutations pour
A new day is unveiled

© Janet Martin

 But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Psalms 59:16

Look up, see the radiant Light erase
the darkened void
Be overjoyed
'Tis no small thing; another day of grace


2 comments:

  1. I have a poem that is rather like this one in subject matter. I like it!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to read it! :) It really is no small miracle...HIS MERCY IS NEW EVERY MORNING: HIS COMPASSION DOES NOT FAIL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!