Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Do We Hear Him?





Do we hear Him whisper in raindrops free-falling?
Do we hear His promise parting dormant deep?
As up from dawn’s ebony, ether horizon
Mercy and goodness in grace-fathoms sweep

Have we heard Him move in mute midnight’s vain groping?
Oh, have we listened to His tender tones
Soothing the silence where heartache and hoping
Shapes into prayer our raw, anguished groans?

Do we hear Him murmur in poplar-tree tresses
Or sigh in the sway of a willow at noon?
Oh, have we felt Him in sun-beam caresses
Brushing the chill from winter’s farewell swoon?

His power thunders from sprouts in a garden
His whisper rocks the foundations of earth
*Tetelestai seals our eternal pardon
Filling us with His love’s blood-purchased worth

Do we hear His utterance shatter fear’s dungeon
Or blot from the darkness despair’s troubled tear?
Soundless and boundless, I AM's declaration
Cradles the universe, oh, do we hear?

© Janet Martin

This morning I was constantly, calmly reminding Matthew that he needs to hurry because it’s almost bus-time. He continued to celebrate and cheer as he scanned the score-board. “Reimers had a shut-out. (Toronto Maple Leaf’s goalie) The blue-jays won!”

…a few minutes later, THE BUS! I keep reminding him that I mean what I say even when I am not using my ‘loud voice’.

The Truth abides whether shouted or whispered. Are we listening?

'Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' John 14:6

*Greek for ‘It is finished’.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!