Monday, April 2, 2012

...and sometimes I wear a Cape



I must not neglect
To don this cape each day
It helps me rise above
Come whatever may

Within this cape I sense
A glorious super-power
A genuine defense
In life’s most troubled hour

One day I rose without it
Despair and fear loomed tall
Then suddenly I heard it
A Super-power call

I felt Him wrap about me
No ephemeral thing
But, a cloth that’s kindred
To the angel’s wing

The unbelieving call it
Fantasy on dead air
The believer whispers humbly
And simply calls it Prayer

© Janet Martin

Poetic Bloomings prompt; ..and sometimes I wear a cape

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful poem. (Sorry about the overworked word..sigh.) You found a wonderful photo to accompany it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!