Thursday, April 1, 2021

Those Tears We Pray...


No eloquent words shape this week's prayers,
only tears.
SO many hurts and needs of
sickness and sorrow, broken relationships
in this old world
but God, so much More You!

Oh, God, 
Hear our tears.
Be with those who have lost loved ones.
Be with those who stand by (outside hospital doors!!!)
while their suffering loved ones are admitted!
Oh, God, minister to the suffering
in ways known only to You!

Turning to this old Hymn today...




Those tears we pray,
They wing their way
From sorrow’s clay to God
When words won’t shape
The want and ache
That rends the speechless clod
He hears the heart
The sting and smart
Of sorrow’s sob and plea
And bears us up
…cradles the cup
That mirrors Calvary

© Janet Martin

Psalm 53:8
You number my wanderings; 
Put my tears into Your bottle;
 Are they not in Your book?


Psalm 39:12
Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear to my cry for help; 
do not be deaf to my weeping. 
For I am a foreigner dwelling with You, 
a stranger like all my fathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!