Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Of Weathered 'Would'

 

Weathered wood flaunts fresh foliage...


just as weathered 'would' unfolds fresh faith!

We try to turn the other cheek
To think twice, thrice before we speak
To make the most of More with less
To simplify our happiness

When life holds up to trembling lips
Its Cup of Joy, we savour sips
Where delight and despair compete
To cull a vintage, bittersweet

We work to win a well-earned rest
With good intent we strive for Best
We pray, we till time’s teeming sod
We plant, we wait; no ‘late’ with God

We wage wars twixt wonder and want
We struggle with faith’s feathered font
We try, but every now and then
We trip and need to try again

Inhale deeply, then exhale, slow
One foot forward, ah, here we go
Not crippled by Discipline's rod
But bolstered by the grace of God

From weathered wood/would fresh bud is borne
From Bygone's bloody bars, new morn
From slip and trip's face-planted low
We learn the little that we know

© Janet Martin


Phil.3:12-14
"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; 
but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 
Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, 
forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 
I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!