Saturday, April 3, 2021

I Will Come To You...

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Let us never dare to think when we see God
we will hold Him accountable to us for something
we are called to suffer!!
On the brink of His betrayal, torture, and crucifixion
to purchase man's redemption 
He gave His Disciples (all who will believe in Him)
a most precious promise!
Have you claimed it/Him?

And I will pray the Father,
and he shall give you another Comforter,
that he may abide with you for ever;

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, 
whom the Father will send in my name, 
he shall teach you all things,
 and bring all things to your remembrance, 
whatsoever I have said unto you.
 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you:
 not as the world giveth, give I unto you. 
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:26-27

The above verses were part of a comforting funeral message
 for the family and fellow-mourners
at the loss of Cody Troy
my nephew's son/brother's grandson.

We mourn, but with hope of seeing him again!

 Father Along was sung at the first part of the service
 which aunts and uncles attended
 (second stanza esp. fitting)




Oh, God, the sense of loss we feel
When loved one’s ways are parted
Can spark longing’s utmost appeal
And leave us broken-hearted
But You, whose ways we cannot know
Though we may seek to fathom
Are always faithful to bestow
Your uttermost compassion

When on the brink of agony
To purchase man’s salvation
You poured Your sacred sympathy
In words of consolation
‘I will not leave you comfortless’
Oh, what a tender token
This most precious of promises
On the eve of Your death spoken

For all who believe will receive
Your Holy Spirit’s kindness
A Truth the world cannot perceive
Because of grievous blindness
But you provide a Comforter
In sorrow’s darkest hour
While we behold the sufferer
You behold grace and power

The bud, before the bloom unfolds
Does not reveal its glory
So too mortal visage beholds
But a glimpse of the story
Then help us not to hate or doubt
Love beyond comprehension
But pray instead for those without
Thy Spirit’s intervention

You will not leave us comfortless
Though trial's troubles test us
We have your precious promises
To sustain and to bless us
Oh God, you know grief's anguish too
You suffered our pardon
Then help us wholly lean on you
Lest our hearts should harden

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!