Tuesday, April 13, 2021

I Need More Than Luck



PAD Challenge 13: Two-for-Tuesday
For this Two-for-Tuesday prompt:
Write a lucky poem and/or...
Write an unlucky poem.

Abide With Me-Audrey Assad



I do not bank on luck
To charm what waits to be
Luck offers no assurance or
Accountability

Luck leaves no one to thank
Stars cannot see or hear
But by the grace of God go I
Through thick and thin, my dear

For when this life is through
(Death is no lottery)
I need more than luck to cling to
To face eternity

No lucky gal am I
But I am blessed indeed
By He who grants far more than chance
To minister to need

© Janet Martin

Instead, you ought to say,
 “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”
James 4:15

2 comments:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!