Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Winter Walk Through Summer's Garden...



Sometimes I miss the perfect purple of plush petal’s tulle
Where winter wakens wishes in pulses bundled in wool
But beneath frozen bondage where the bluff of winter wails
The bud of summer slumbers until hallelujah hails

Sometimes I miss delphinium and blue corn-flower grins
While white on white kisses our bright red noses, cheeks and chins
And though Winter’s Painter spills wonder-worlds of grand design
Sometimes I miss the purple of lupine and columbine

Sometimes, while fully in love with what IS, I sense the knell
Even as I cradle IT close, the nearness of farewell
While torn between the white and green that seasoned tides annul
I miss the perfect purple of a flower two-thirds full

© Janet Martin








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!