Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Little Lecture to Self, on Love



 Even if, at 6:55 a.m. I saw the recycling truck drive by the blue bins I pulled through the snow to the end of the lane a little after 6:30 a.m., in the dark so they would be out in time...and even though the snow plow bowled them over a little later (because recycling bins and snow plows simply are not compatible forces) and even though I wanted to shake my fist at the whole situation the only thing I could do of any value was bear the b-r-r-r-r-r!!,
pick up the mess and drag the bins back to the garage...😒




No matter what the day lets loose
Of toil or spoil, of hope or plan
We never have a good excuse
To mistreat our fellowman

No rank, no status owns the right
To treat another with contempt
No black or yellow, red or white
Is above love’s law or exempt

So, in this brotherhood where dust-
To-dust is our kindred boast
Let’s try to get along because
Love is the Must that matters most

…no matter what Time’s today grants
Of dance-stumble-rant-rave affair
Let’s not shake fists but use our hands
To help, to hold, to fold in prayer

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!