Monday, January 22, 2018

Daybreak...

For pessimist or optimist...

 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, 
for I have put my trust in you. 
Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.
Ps.143:8




A tremor oe’r the treeline where a dark wave snuffed its thoroughfare
And slipped night's sea across sight’s colored walkways in between
Is softening star-stippled deep where we are all still half-asleep
As tides recede and charcoal dons halcyon gold-blue-green

The door to evermore swings wide and time is like a beaming bride
Because, hinged to eons of yore love’s never-before waits
A blush upon dawn’s yawning east; heaven lays out a banquet feast
Come, come the Keeper pleads and bleeds ajar far yonder gates

A smoky silhouette of limbs is set against Hope's newborn hymns
The skyline like a choir sings and wakes a tranquil world
Where promises of God abide; His grace anoints the morning-tide
That sweeps across the countryside in love’s banner unfurled

© Janet Martin


okay, I admit...'the skyline choir' is a little sulky today, lashing its 'teary hymns' against drab sweeps but we all know its just a little weather-tantrum and it will pass😉

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!