Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Highway of Hope





I cannot bear to look ahead
To roads that seem too dark with dread
Oh Lord, my God, help me instead
To trust Thy All in all
For though the road looks dark today
As I peer to its come-what-may
Your faithful Light will show the Way
Through every rise and fall

I cannot carry morrow’s load
But cling to promises that goad
Faith’s eyes to fix beyond the road
To Mercy’s Patriarch
Then when I travel through the vale
Though mortal bark is weak and frail
You grant with Love that will not fail
Light greater than the dark

© Janet Martin

 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
 I will strengthen you and help you;
 I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isa.41:10



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!