Thursday, May 24, 2012

What's for Dinner?


They don’t really care
What clothes you wear
…if your girth is thicker or thinner
As they come through the door
At a quarter to four
They just want to know…
…what’s for dinner?

They don’t judge your skill
As a seasoned cook will
To them you’re a proven winner
As they sniff for a clue
Is it barbeque?
Asking, hey mom,
…what’s for dinner?

God-given delight
A healthy child’s appetite
I can think of nothing finer
As I contemplate dishes
To satisfy wishes
When they ask me, oh mom
…what’s for dinner?

© Janet Martin

(tonight it's chicken breasts, baked potatoes, green bean casserole, and apple crisp) yes, the apples are still from those I cut up and froze in November's 'Ode to the Apple

Yes moms, we know...they're ALWAYS hungry..! but imagine if they weren't...
so happy cooking, happy gardening, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!