Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday Thoughts~





 He walks on water...the Keeper of the storm

Even the wind and the waves obey Him
...how much more then, ought we?

It is only when we come to the end of ourselves
That God can begin…

For all the good it does not do
Sometimes she wonders
What might have been?

Salty tears
A great heart-cleanser

To love is not the same
as being 'in love'
 
Though duty may shorten its leash
It cannot keep the sun from smiling
Or nature from spilling its art
Through my window; nor can it quell
In the busyness of toil
The music of love in my heart

Come sunlight or shadow
Come high tide or low
God IS; ever changeless
Wherever we go

The Rock of Ages is Ageless

I cannot see the way ahead
Its portend or its girth
So I will put my faith instead
In God of Heaven and earth

He leads me
..Sometimes I am too stubborn to follow
He guides me
…sometimes I am too blinded by self to see
He loves me
…sometimes I forget just how much
Until I remember Calvary

Some friends flutter by
Like a butterfly
…and some are a fly in life’s butter
Some stick, not like honey in your hair
But closer than a brother

 Janet~

1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!