Saturday, April 24, 2010

Not That Strong Yet


I loved your toes, your wee baby toes
I still remember your button nose
The way your fingers would cling to mine
As I saw the light of heaven shine
I loved the smell of you, fresh from God’s arms
I loved the feel of you, precious and warm
I love all the memories I’ll never forget
Aw, baby slow down, don’t grow up on me yet

I love the memory of your first day of school
You cried and I cried like a sentimental fool
Now you can’t wait for your high-school prom
And I realize I’m still a sentimental old mom
Say, when did you grow taller than me?
How can you really be turning eighteen?
I’m trying to be strong as dreams dance in your head
But I’m not letting go, I’m not that strong yet

I love the way you tell me things
I nod and smile as you spread your wings
Like a mother bird I urge you to fly
But behind my words I just want to cry
I loved your toes, your wee baby toes
Baby, I still love your button nose
We’re still making memories I’ll never forget
But I’m not letting go, I’m not that strong yet

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!