Wednesday, April 4, 2018

...Case You're Wondering If I Wish You Wouldn't Talk So Much

PAD Challenge day 4: For today’s prompt, take the phrase “Case (blank);” replace the blank with a word or phrase; make the new phrase the title of your poem; and then, write your poem. Possible titles include: “Case of Water,” “Case in Point,” “Case Study,” and “Case of the Missing Person.”
I hope everyone has a case of easy poeming today!

In this age of texting and all other phone-fixations,
Chatter has become cherished artwork 
even if most of it fades with the hour!
somehow when her kitchen is filled with chatter,
mother doesn't worry so much
if something's the matter
There is nothing quite like children to revive in us the art of 'chattering':)
They love to be talked to and listened to...
...a chat for their ears only on a fine afternoon
 (I wonder if they remember what they were discussing;-)


The ways of words
Ah, who can count
What most will amount to?
The poetry
Of you and me
A blip upon the blue

Our chatter
Yester-afternoon
Has scattered like its hours
The bloom of speech
Forgotten soon
Save a few chosen flow’rs

But I would rather
Hear the chatter
That soon fades away
Than listen to you
Looking at me (or your phone)
With nothing to say

© Janet Martin

Top photo cropped from this performance where at 14 mos. old clatter is as exciting as chatter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!