Tuesday, June 18, 2013

When Man and Woman Say 'I Do'

All day I have been 'windows-shopping' until my head hurts!




When man and woman say ‘I do’
Oh wondrous mystery
God joins the lives of what were two
And binds them tenderly
Then what was two is done away
And what were two is gone
As with this promise, ‘I take thee’
God joins two lives as one

Oh mystery
How can it be
Oh, great and glorious wonder
A sacred cord
Bound by the Lord
Man cannot rend asunder

‘Til death doth part’ hallowed vow
Recorded up in heaven
From this day forth two are one now
As long as they are livin'
To have and hold forevermore
What God has joined abides
Until that sad and solemn door
Where life and death divides

Oh mystery
A unity
Of sacred, holy wonder
This ties that binds
Two hearts and minds
Man cannot part asunder

(Repeat) When man and woman say ‘I do’
Oh, mystery of wonder
God joins the lives of what were two
And makes them one forever

© Janet Martin

For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and join to his wife; And they two shall be one flesh: so then they are no more two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder. …Mark 10:7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!