Monday, December 3, 2012

Of Silver Linings





If never a care touched the way we trod
And never a tear we cried
Then how would we ever desire You, God
Or trust in the strength You provide

If ever the want of this world is our goal
For the little that it can boast
I fear then we may have lost sight of the Whole
And what really matters the most

Through life’s deepest sorrow His Power is revealed
Unseen in life’s fair-fortune skies
His most wondrous wonders are tenderly concealed
In a trial and trouble disguise

Though we may not see Him in the heart of the test
Life is a mysterious track
How often we see that His way was the best
From the view-point of looking back
 
 © Janet Martin

The highest looking-back point is Heaven...and then it won't matter anymore because God will be so much more than this world can ever begin to imagine. 

I have a sister-in-law who suffers incredibly, yet she shines in submission beneath His will. 

For Karen, once again in need of our prayers.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.
Isa.55:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!