Friday, December 7, 2012

Of Causes and Effects...



Cause and effect
Its sure results
Don’t happen overnight
But action yields
From patient fields
The fruit of wrong or right

My dearest child,
If you are wise
Then bear this truth in mind
Cause and effect
Have no respect
In harvest cruel or kind

The seeds we plant
May seem so small
But tiny seeds will grow
And what was hid
Will someday be
The fruit we have to show

Cause and effect
We cannot sway
The course of nature’s laws
Employ with care
For deeds effect
Is chosen by the cause

© Janet Martin

 My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives,
or a grapevine bear figs?
Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

James 3:12

2 comments:

  1. Simply lovely,
    I m reading under the choices label and am back to record my compliments
    Irresistable

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!