Monday, December 24, 2012

My Christmas Wish this Year





In our mind’s eye we can see them
…fresh graves in the earth
And sacred realization
Infiltrates our mirth
As casual touch lingers
Its moment endeared
Of love’s gentle wonder
Cherished and revered

The ordinary is stunning
Inhale, exhale
We shape our kisses
Against life’s soft veil
Of moment-song rushing
Through Time’s transient glass
From God’s hand to ours
How swiftly they pass

So dear God, remind us
With hearts, tender-aching
To treasure this Christmas
Of memories-in-the-making
And then in the passing
Of this Christmas season
Let us press forward
In the glow of its Reason

And teach us to honor
With purposed embrace
The gift in each hour
Bestowed by Your grace
Let us not take for granted
What You lend to us
For we cannot tell
Who will see next Christmas

© Janet Martin

As I write this I am praying for those who sorrow
...Live well, love fully; we are not promised tomorrow

I wish you all a very special Christmas and many beautiful
memories in the making.

See you soon.



2 comments:

  1. This is so very true, Janet. Beatiful poem. We ARE not promised tomorrow. We must appreciate every person who is with us TODAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Mary, and I guess you speak from experience.

    God bless. We're off to a candle-light service:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!