Thursday, December 6, 2012

Gentle Arms





They reach through the chill-autumn dusk
Warm arms drawing me in
To love where home-fires grin
Bulwark in life’s billow brusque

Beacon of gentle glow
Spills to the atmosphere
Urging its loved ones near
Orange circles on the snow

With eager hearts we perceive
The welcome in its smile
Knowing we can rest awhile
Out of the chill-autumn eve

They reach from familiar berth
And eagerly we come
To those beautiful lights of Home
And our little heavens-on-earth

Someday the lights of Home
Will lift us from this dirt
Away from life’s temporal hurt
As we cry, ‘Lord, I come’

© Janet Martin

I was struck by their welcome as I came home last night...
The picture is from my archives again; my camera isn't working;(






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!