Tuesday, September 6, 2011

When I Desire Peace...


When I am held by prison walls
Of worry or despair
When disappointment’s heavy shawl
Becomes too hard to wear
And when the angst of mortal woe
Becomes a ball and chain
Then it is time for me to go
In search of peace again

There…just beyond my windowsill
I hear His glory plead
I shrug off duty’s rigid will
As weapons of my greed
I need to find a solace where
The tides of anguish cease
I drink the sassy, frost-tinged air
Inhale the wine of peace

Here the breeze of Eden blows
From heaven’s timeless eye
It breathes its kisses on the rose
A tender lullaby
I touch the proof of Providence
As tiny seeds expand
While burgeoning with evidence
Of our Creator’s hand

Fair is the blossom of the spring
But lovelier its fruit
Weak, floundering hope now dares to sing
With voice that once was mute
I spread upon the trampled soil
My offerings of decay
Ah, soon this glimpse of grief and toil
Will vanish far away

The rise and fall of highs and lows
The hour of joy or strife
Are ripples in a sea that flows
Beyond this vale of life
As He who holds within His palm
Earth’s wondrous mysteries
Enfolds me in His garden’s calm
And renders to me…peace

Janet Martin~

This morning I was torn between some euphoric highs
and very disappointing lows.
I went to the garden to pick tomatoes,
and listen to God.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing this. I've dabbled in poetry but never been able to make the words sing like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi KBW~

    Thank-you so much for visiting and for your kind words! I can't wait to show the kids your picture of your koala bear! ...and see how other mums prepare for this BIG day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, Thanks SO much for stopping by and leaving a comment on my pink blog posting!

    I'm so glad to have 'met' you and I look forward to having the time to properly visit and browse through all your lovely posts.

    I see we share being Canadian -- me from Alberta. Which makes me wonder if you might also be interested in having a peek at our InScribe Writer's blog (it connects Canadians who are also Christian writers across the country and beyond)...

    http://inscribewritersonline.blogspot.com/

    I'd also love to have you come and see me at my usual posting station over at It's A Beautiful Life,

    I'll be back again. In the meantime, here's wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS... Ha ha ha.... I just popped over to one of the blogs you follow and noticed you chatting about InScribe... so there... we were meant to meet today, I guess!

    Cheers.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brenda,
    Thank-you for visiting, and your 'invite' was not at all misplaced! I only very recently discovered Inscribe and yours is my first formal welcome...so I thank-you.It is always nice to 'meet' another fellow-Canadian Writer and I look forward to getting to know you a little through your words! It was your 'about me' section that immediately drew me to check out your blogs...so poetic!
    Thank-you for your kind encouragement on both of my blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!