Monday, September 5, 2011

Taken by Surprise...


Who knew…as I pause to look at you
What a four by six piece of paper can do,
Who knew the ocean could sweep through the sky
As I look deep into the gaze of your eye?
Who knew a heart could explode in a chest?
…yet in a synchronized instant reveal life’s very best!
Who knew that one tiny, little half-grin
Would push back life’s shadows and let the sun in?
The room is quiet, yet it seems I can hear
The rush of eternities past, in my ear
Who knew? As I stand here looking at you
What a small four by six photograph can do

Janet~

...looking at some old photos last night.

2 comments:

  1. Very good. So much can viewed, remembered and learned through old photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony, the older I get the more I realize I need to be in the right frame of mind before I can look at old photos!...I'm willing to bet you know what I mean:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!