Sunday, September 25, 2011

More Than Impressions


http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/




Occasionally, in this temple beneath strolling cloud
Away from the jostle and shove of the crowd
I worship, as night recedes in slow-motion.
It is no accident, this moment in time
Though darkness may clutch this temporal clime
Light can move through shadow, a soundless ocean
Dispelling the gloom beneath the sky
As the bustle and chat of passers-by
Consumes this tranquil breath upon the sod
I look up; the sacred silence is beginning to wane
Outside these walls, day must begin again…
To toil, to shop or play on this quest to death and God
Janet Martin

Thank-you Viv, for this delicious combination of words.
There are so many directions in which they could lead!

8 comments:

  1. Wow this one is a good one too, Janet. I love how you manage to put words together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another to be read slowly.
    Light can move through shadow, a soundless ocean / Dispelling the gloom beneath the sky.
    What power in these lines be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the last line of your comment What poetry in those lines be:)

    Honestly, while I wrote this I sort of felt like the shadows were in my head, but it was the best I could do at the moment. I thank-you for your encouragement. I'm hoping this cold will ease up a little with every passing day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very powerful poems, Janet.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Pam above, powerful poems

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, I thank you for visiting and for your words.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!