Friday, April 18, 2014

Full Atonement

 

Full atonement, can it be?
Every sin-stain washed away
Words seem trite; how can I say
'Thank-you for Your love for me'?

Full atonement, not in part
Ah redemption, Mercy's gift
Satisfies that hopeless rift
 Twixt His Heaven and my heart

Full atonement,diadem
Pressed in thorns upon His head
Holiest of Holy pled
'Oh my Father, forgive them'

Full atonement; God so loves
Everyone. Will we believe
And His wondrous gift recieve
That only the cross would prove?

Full atonement; dare we face
When this little life is done
Judgement day, Father and Son 
Having rejected His grace? 

Full atonement, thank-you Lord
For the sacrifice you made
As sin's awful debt was paid
Through Your blood on Calv'ry poured

 Janet Martin

For God so loved the world
that He gave His only begotten Son
that whosoever believeth in Him
should not perish but have
everlasting life
For God sent not His Son into the world
to condemn the world;
but that the world through Him
might be saved

John 3: 16-17

More Easter Poems here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!