Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Song



  
Praise He who is not dead
He is the King of kings
Come, offer up your fear and dread
Where Love transcends all things

Death conquers death, as Life
Breaks forth in ageless laud
Earth’s sepulchers of stone could not
Constrain the Lamb of God

Grief turns to joyful song
Come; see what He has said,
Why do you seek the Living One
Among these mortal dead’?

I AM. I AM. I AM.
His love would not withhold
From sinners lost, a Perfect Lamb
As Prophets long foretold

Yet thorn and scorn and foe
And Death could never claim
The Victory; Jesus arose
Ah, sing that sacred Name

For Death has conquered death
The veil twixt man and Priest
Is rend in two; He bids us come
To taste the marriage feast

Praise Him; He is alive
Jesus, Jesus receive
His love will rescue and forgive
All those who will believe


© Janet Martin

 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures...
1 Cor. 15:3-5 

Wishing each of you a  Blessed Easter Day.




1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!