Saturday, April 19, 2014

Colombian





 PAD challenge Day 19: make a color the title of your poem.

If I had to choose
only one hue from life’s color spectrum
it would have to be you
…You who rouses me from sleep
in aromatic pleasantries
Let others steep virtuous green teas
I prefer you; Platonist teaser
of Colombian romance
filling my taste-buds
with morning’s first dance
I close my eyes now
…ah yes, supple and slow
you unleash the miracle
of Colombian glow
not in the east
or past hills to the south
but swallow
after swallow
in my mouth

© Janet Martin

2 comments:

  1. Not a coffee drinker myself, but you almost won me over with this one!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you not know what you are missing;))?!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!