Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Let's Just Do the Best We Can



 Sometimes love is as simple as a shared cup of tea...
(this photo is from a 'tea-book' gifted to me from a tea-buddy')

I’m not a fan of New Year’s resolutions but it is a good time to re-evaluate and reconsider our goals…

Instead of tongue-waggling our way through it
Let’s put talk to touch and do it

Instead of thinking’s well-laid plan
Let’s just do the best we can

…with what we’ve got, not what will be
Or with what fills our fantasy

The merchandise of want-and-wish
Unless these ‘wants’ are unselfish

…are often vain; our single plan
Should be to do the best we can

…and truly love our fellowman
Then we will do the best we can

© Janet Martin

  A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!