Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Grab Life By Its Fingers and Twirl...





Grab life by its fingers and twirl,
Grab life by its arms; take a chance
Grab love and its gilt tilt-a-whirl, my friend
Who knows when we’ll dance our last dance?

Un-tether the ties that bind
Unfetter the fears that drain
Together we’ll weather the weather, my friend
Whether of gold sun or cold rain

Emerald of spring, amethyst
Of summer-swept petal or mist
Sapphire sigh or ruby-beamed sky
Diamond of dew on dawn’s wrist

Life’s treasure in full measure spills
Rampant above and beneath
Drink from the chalice of moments, my friend
Who knows when we’ll draw our last breath?

Grab life by its fingers and twirl
Oh, suffer its sorrow-romance
Grab love by its shoulders and never let go
Who knows when we’ll dance its last dance?

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!