Wednesday, December 9, 2020

This Exposé of Day-to-Day...


This was part of a text from my sister last night as I poured out my latest 'woe'
in what feels like a long line of little disappointments/frustrations...
Nothing major (like the crosses so many are called to suffer)
But wow. How her kind words helped me refocus 
and reminded me of a Much Bigger Picture.
Thank-you, Lucy💗


This exposé of day-to-day is so much more, my dears 
Than hip-hooray or plan’s ‘nay, nay’, more than laughter and tears 
This life we live that gives us much to celebrate and grieve 
Is far more than time’s gifted span before we take our leave 

This no return where Live-and-Learn’s law never disappears 
Where rise and fall of sky-high shawl numbers our days and years 
Where dawn to dusk is but the husk of morrow’s brittle vine 
Where Mystery and Poetry and Holy intertwine 

Where what we hold is but the mold to farewell’s swinging door 
Where what we do is but the flue to Something far, far More 
Where we are all far more than small dots on four-seasoned sod 
This exposé of day-to-day is our way back to God 

So, friend, take heart, this sting and smart of love’s longing and loss 
This grin and groan as skin and bone takes up its daily cross 
This wrenching pain of ‘try again’, this utter need for grace 
Is but the span twixt God and man before we see His face 

© Janet Martin 


2 Cor.4:18
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, 
but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, 
but what is unseen is eternal.

I know I've shared this version before but I love it






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!